Sound Devices MixPre-3 II 3-Channel / 5-Track Multitrack 32-Bit Field Recorder
- Sound Devices MixPre-3 II 3-Channel / 5-Track Multitrack 32-Bit Field Recorder
- Sound Devices MX-4AA Battery Sled for MixPre-3 and MixPre-6
- Sound Devices MX-Charge AC Power Supply for MixPre-3 and MixPre-6
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
The Sound Devices MixPre-3 II multitrack field recorder is an ideal tool. Record up to three tracks of external sources plus a stereo mix at up to 32-bit / 192 kHz while monitoring your audio headphones.
The MixPre-3 II offers many upgrades over its predecessor. Chief among these features is the ability to record at 32-bit floating-point. This makes it nearly impossible for you to clip (distort) audio on the way in. Whether you’re recording hot or making use of the unit’s astounding 142 dB dynamic range, you’ll only be handicapped by the quality of your microphone.
Other improvements include the ability to auto-copy recorded tracks to USB thumb drives, making file transfers a breeze. Lovers of sync will revel in a handy new feature: a full-fledged, built-in timecode generator, accurate to better than 0.2 ppm (0.5 frames in 24 hours). Even when powered off, the MixPre-3 II maintains accurate timecode for up to four hours.
All of this is available in a three-channel package that can be powered from wall chargers, computers, AA batteries, or Sony L-series batteries. Whether you use the device in an advanced or basic capacity, the MixPre-3 II will suit any intimate, field-based production.
- Kashmir microphone preamps with 48V phantom power
- Internal timecode generator
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Bit depths up to 32-bit float
- Adjustable limiters
- SD card recording and reading
- Backup to USB drive
- 10 seconds of pre-roll at 48 kHz
- USB control surface support
- Customize with plugins
- Add low cut, high pass, delay, polarity invert, and panning
- Simultaneous recording, mixing, and USB audio streaming
- Trigger record via timecode or HDMI timecode
- Bluetooth for wireless control via Wingman app
- Basic, advanced, and custom modes
- High-fidelity headphone amplifier